Creating a sustainable future [video]
This new video featuring our partner Ecozen is sure to encourage you this holiday season. See how their work in renewable energy and agriculture impacts local farmers in India.
What inspires you and brings you hope? What motivates you to help make a positive impact in the world?
Questions like these are becoming more pressing than ever as the world continues to cope with various conflicts, climate change, economic uncertainties and more.
With rising inequality affecting over two-thirds of the world’s population, Oikocredit’s work is more relevant than ever.
What motivates us at Oikocredit for action? What drives us?
It’s hearing from vulnerable people and communities that our partners, like Ecozen, serve.
“There are many challenges I am facing, due to the weather and heavy rainfall… Ecozen has been supporting us for a long time,” Ashish Bhor, farmer and client of Ecozen, said.
Rural farmers in India are some of the most vulnerable as they face various economic and climate change issues. Ashish is only one of the 100,000 farmers that Ecozen has supported.
Because of people like you, our global network is able to invest in over 500 partner organisations that are supporting people like Ashish with opportunities they need to create lives of dignity.
So, as we continue to strive forward in our important work, we can also be proud of what we have achieved, together, this year!
Want to learn more about what we’ve achieved? Check out our Impact Report 2022: Impact Report - Oikocredit International
- 21 December 2022 - Creating a sustainable future [video]
- 19 December 2022 - Oikocredit sold equity investment in Indian microfinance institution Fusion
- 14 December 2022 - Oikocredit supports smallholder cocoa farmers in Côte Ivoire
- 07 December 2022 - Oikocredit and I&P take equity stakes in agro-processor Agroserv in Burkina Faso
- 05 December 2022 - Microfinance addresses the gap: interview with Brij Mohan
- 02 December 2022 - Oikocredit looks forward to 2023 with a new capital-raising model
- 01 December 2022 - Oikocredit invests US$7 million in Solarise Africa to support affordable solar access for businesses in Africa