Where our partners have the potential to improve their performance, they can increase their social impact.
The capacity building Oikocredit provides helps our partners acquire new skills, technology and access to markets. It also strengthens their governance and management in financial and social performance.
The standards we use to help strengthen our partners’ social performance include meeting the Client Protection Standards as housed by the Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) and Cerise, the SPTF’s Universal Standards on Social Performance Management (USSPM), and the Consumer Protection Code created by Gogla, the global association for the off-grid solar energy industry.
Oikocredit's capacity building programme focuses on:
- Promoting ethical, responsible access to finance in a digitising world
- Embedding and strengthening social performance management practices among financial inclusion partners
- Supporting sustainable agriculture for smallholder farmers
- Improving household access to clean energy
Oikocredit provides capacity building support through:
- Services provided by our staff
- Programmes using donor funding
- Referring our partners for support provided by strategic partners
Support for capacity building
Want to support Oikocredit’s capacity building activities? Find out more about donating >