Oikocredit sold equity investment in Indian microfinance institution Fusion
Oikocredit’s investment has supported Fusion’s successful growth into a microfinance provider to more than 2.9 million mainly rural low-income women.
Oikocredit sold its equity shares in Fusion Microfinance Private Limited as part of the Fusion's initial public offering (IPO) of shares on the National Stock Exchange of India.
Oikocredit has provided growth capital for the Indian microfinance institution (MFI) since 2010. Fusion has built a client base of more than 2.9 million low-income women while remaining faithful to its mission of providing economic opportunity. The MFI’s IPO includes Oikocredit’s current minority equity holding and will enable Fusion to increase its capital and outreach.
Exiting from Fusion will allow Oikocredit to deploy our funds with other partners in line with our investment strategy and continue adding value to achieve a positive impact for our target beneficiaries.
- 21 December | 2022 12/21/22, 11:00 AM - Creating a sustainable future [video]
- 19 December | 2022 12/19/22, 10:57 AM - Oikocredit sold equity investment in Indian microfinance institution Fusion
- 14 December | 2022 12/14/22, 4:26 PM - Oikocredit supports smallholder cocoa farmers in Côte Ivoire
- 07 December | 2022 12/7/22, 4:29 PM - Oikocredit and I&P take equity stakes in agro-processor Agroserv in Burkina Faso
- 05 December | 2022 12/5/22, 11:10 AM - Microfinance addresses the gap: interview with Brij Mohan
- 02 December | 2022 12/2/22, 2:44 PM - Oikocredit looks forward to 2023 with a new capital-raising model
- 01 December | 2022 12/1/22, 2:02 PM - Oikocredit invests US$7 million in Solarise Africa to support affordable solar access for businesses in Africa