Oikocredit and I&P take equity stakes in agro-processor Agroserv in Burkina Faso
The social-impact company will develop a new processing plant, diversify products, and serve more smallholder farmers and households
Development financing cooperative Oikocredit and impact investing group Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P), with support from lenders BIO and EDFI AgriFI, are investing € 12.2 million in Agroserv to support the social-impact Burkina Faso agro-processing business’s further development.
Oikocredit and I&P have agreed to jointly invest up to € 6.2 million in Agroserv’s equity, while funding partners BIO and EDFI AgriFi will lend a further € 6 million to the company.
Agroserv is building a new agro-processing plant in Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso’s second city, and will convert its existing factory in Ouagadougou, the capital, to storage of finished goods. It aims to increase its processing capacity and to diversify into higher-value-added products.
Smallholder farmers supplying Agroserv are projected to increase from 6,000 to 12,000 and to achieve higher yields with the company’s technical support.
- 21 December | 2022 11:00 - Creating a sustainable future [video]
- 19 December | 2022 10:57 - Oikocredit sold equity investment in Indian microfinance institution Fusion
- 14 December | 2022 16:26 - Oikocredit supports smallholder cocoa farmers in Côte Ivoire
- 07 December | 2022 16:29 - Oikocredit and I&P take equity stakes in agro-processor Agroserv in Burkina Faso
- 05 December | 2022 11:10 - Microfinance addresses the gap: interview with Brij Mohan
- 02 December | 2022 14:44 - Oikocredit looks forward to 2023 with a new capital-raising model
- 01 December | 2022 14:02 - Oikocredit invests US$7 million in Solarise Africa to support affordable solar access for businesses in Africa