Oikocredit Live: How Inclusive Finance Works
An online event on 23 November 2023
Are you curious about what ‘financial inclusion’ means? Want to understand how microfinance can empower people and communities? And learn about the opportunities but also the limitations?
Join us for the third edition of our online event series, Oikocredit Live, on 23 November from 19:00-20:15 CET, in which we will discuss these questions and more!
On the agenda
- Robert Lensink, Professor of Finance and Development at University of Groningen, will explain how microfinance works and what impact it can have on the lives of low-income people.
- Caroline Mulwa, Oikocredit Director for Africa, will explain why Oikocredit works in this sector and how the cooperative selects its partners.
- Carmen Correa, the CEO of the microfinance institution and Oikocredit partner Pro Mujer, will share Pro Mujer’s experience in the field and how they try to create impact for the people they serve.
Time for your questions
After the presentations, there’ll be time for you to ask questions and engage with the speakers.
Don't miss this opportunity to gain first-hand insights into the work of Oikocredit and how we target impact through our partners in the Global South. This is your chance to hear from experts and practitioners in the inclusive finance sector and learn how Oikocredit creates impact through its financial inclusion partners, targeting income resilience, social justice, and sustainability.
The online event will be held in English
We can’t wait to see you online!
- 28 November | 2023 11/28/23, 2:16 PM - Q3 2023 quarterly report: Creating more impact despite headwinds
- 22 November | 2023 11/22/23, 11:41 AM - Oikocredit invests € 7.5 million in Vista Bank Burkina to support SMEs and educational finance in Africa
- 20 November | 2023 11/20/23, 9:11 AM - Oikocredit Live: How Inclusive Finance Works
- 16 November | 2023 11/16/23, 1:45 PM - Oikocredit and Aqua for All partnerships to boost community water and sanitation provision in East Africa
- 08 November | 2023 11/8/23, 10:00 AM - Oikocredit, Goodwell Investments and Global Partnerships invest in Good Nature Agro to support southern African smallholder farmers
- 06 November | 2023 11/6/23, 10:29 AM - Oikocredit invests US$ 2 million in RDG Collective to support solar energy growth in Africa