Results for 2022: Oikocredit confident about staying at the forefront of impact investing
Oikocredit has today published its Annual Report and financial statements for 2022, reporting on solid financial and social results and other achievements during the year.
Despite challenging macroeconomic conditions, the cooperative’s lending and investing in support of partner organisations in Africa, Asia and Latin America & the Caribbean achieved portfolio growth and solid improvements in credit quality and social performance. In a difficult macro-environment, closing the year with a positive financial result of € 8.5 million was a fair outcome given the current volatility and uncertainties.
Oikocredit finalised its new strategy in 2022 to achieve greater impact for low-income people and communities, confirmed its new capital-raising model, welcomed new board members and aligned its governance and leadership. To foster beneficial change among low-income people through its partners’ work, the cooperative is focusing more intensively on strategy and sustainable impact, taking account of the mounting climate and biodiversity crises and their effects on partners.
Mirjam ‘t Lam, Oikocredit’s Managing Director, said: “In 2022 Oikocredit brought to fruition several years’ preparatory work to enable us to harness a more robust and resilient collective response to global challenges. I am confident in our cooperative’s ability to stay at the forefront of responsible investing and to help bring about more of the change the world so urgently needs.”
Archive > 2023 > April
- 26 April 2023 - Oikocredit Live: how do digital surveys measure social impact?
- 12 April 2023 - Results for 2022: Oikocredit confident about staying at the forefront of impact investing
- 11 April 2023 - Q4 2022 quarterly report: Continuing progress
- 06 April 2023 - Fusion Microfinance: Giving wings to clients’ dreams
- 04 April 2023 - From Outreach to Impact: Oikocredit drives forward positive social impact with Client Self-Perception Survey