Oikocredit appoints new Regional Equity Manager for Asia
Oikocredit has appointed Anirudh Sarda as Equity Manager for investments in Asia.
In this new role, Anirudh will manage a portfolio of equity investments, lead the regional equity team, and collaborate with colleagues to promote Oikocredit’s strategic objectives. He will promote value-added initiatives for partners and beneficiaries on behalf of Oikocredit.
To support the effective management of its equity portfolio, Oikocredit has appointed an Equity Manager for each of its focus regions. The cooperative’s equity portfolio has doubled in the last five years to approximately €150 million, and appointing regional managers will help to sustain this growth. Equity investments make up 17% of Oikocredit’s development financing portfolio.
Welcoming the new appointment, Oikocredit’s Equity Director, Tom Keleher, said, “Anirudh has been successful in his previous role with Oikocredit, has demonstrated his commitment to the objectives of the organisation, and has earned the opportunity to lead regional equity activities. I’m confident we can leverage the strengths of the entire equity team to continue the solid growth and positive financial and social impact of Oikocredit’s equity portfolio.”
- 23 August 2021 - Q2 2021 quarterly report: Performing acceptably in an unpredictable environment
- 20 August 2021 - Overcoming Covid-19 challenges in India [interview part 2]
- 19 August 2021 - Overcoming Covid-19 challenges in India [interview part 1]
- 19 August 2021 - Oikocredit appoints new Regional Equity Manager for Asia
- 12 August 2021 - Oikocredit’s work and plans in Brazil
- 03 August 2021 - Oikocredit invests € 1.6 million in Comafruits to support Mali mango value chain