Oikocredit invests in FinTech Sempli to support sustainable growth of SMEs in Colombia
Together with the Inter-American Development Bank (BID LAB), Oikocredit has closed an investment of USD 5.7 million in the Colombian FinTech Sempli.
Sempli offers working capital loans to small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in Colombia. Sempli’s unique blend of human and technological approaches in its lending process mean the company can disburse loans in 72 hours, a service that is highly valued by Sempli’s SME clients.
Esteban Velasco, cofounder of Sempli commented: “We have learned from our clients that responsible debt is crucial to enabling them to grow their operations consistently. Partnering with Oikocredit and BID LAB gives us confidence to enhance our value proposition, and we are currently building the foundation to become the most relevant digital financial institution in Colombia in the SME segment.”
- 31 October | 2018 15:00 - Oikocredit invests in FinTech Sempli to support sustainable growth of SMEs in Colombia
- 23 October | 2018 10:12 - Oikocredit invests in Kenyan fertiliser plant to raise farmers’ yields and incomes
- 17 October | 2018 10:29 - Financial results for social impact [interview]
- 10 October | 2018 09:46 - Making a difference in Mexico: the value of investing in SMEs
- 02 October | 2018 14:49 - Fintech and social impact investing in India [interview]
- 01 October | 2018 13:05 - Oikocredit’s equity investment supports India’s agriculture value chain