Oikocredit invests in Grace and Mercy to expand lending to women in rural communities across Nigeria
This is Oikocredit’s first loan to Grace and Mercy Households Improvement Initiative, a Nigerian microfinance institution (MFI) supporting marginalised and economically disadvantaged people.
The investment will support low-income communities, especially women entrepreneurs, across Nigeria.
Oikocredit’s Country Manager for Nigeria, Ufuoma Elizabeth Eghwerehe, said: “The Oikocredit loan to Grace and Mercy will empower economically active low-income women in rural and urban areas to improve their businesses and livelihoods during the Covid-19 pandemic. It will also promote financial inclusion, job creation and economic growth in Nigeria, especially to those in remote rural areas. We are happy to continue our mission to support low income families and create higher social impact in Nigeria.’’
- 28 June 2021 - Oikocredit is ready for the future [interview]
- 24 June 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Fin’Elle to support women entrepreneurs in Côte d'Ivoire
- 23 June 2021 - Looking for our new Managing Director
- 16 June 2021 - Specialty coffee making an impact
- 14 June 2021 - Oikocredit holds 45th annual general meeting
- 10 June 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Grace and Mercy to expand lending to women in rural communities across Nigeria
- 03 June 2021 - Oikocredit invests in FCMB Limited to support low-income communities in Nigeria