Oikocredit holds 46th annual general meeting
On 09 June 2022, Oikocredit held its annual general meeting (AGM) in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, with members and others joining and participating through a web-based conferencing and electronic voting system.
As Covid-19 restrictions have not been lifted in all countries, the AGM was held as a hybrid meeting with only a small number of participants gathered at the Oikocredit office in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. Supervisory Board member Myrtille Danse chaired the meeting and around 70 member representatives participated and voted online.
During the meeting, the members received updates on the review of Oikocredit's capital-raising model and the cooperative's purpose-driven strategy process.
Key decisions voted on
The members approved the annual accounts for 2021 and discharged the Managing Board and Supervisory Board for their respective activities in 2021.
Other proposals approved at the AGM included:
- The Managing Board and Supervisory Board’s proposal to pay a 0.5% dividend for 2021
- Amendments to the articles of association concerning: i) formalising the role of the Members’ Council in the governance structure of Oikocredit and (ii) a two-year extension of the transition clause approved in 2018
- The Members’ Council’s Terms of Reference and Profile and Composition
- Changes in the Supervisory Board Remuneration Policy
An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) will be organised later in the year for the members to vote on proposed changes to the articles of association related to the new capital-raising model.
Appointments and elections
Charity Chanda Lumpa, Andries Doets, Lilit Gharayan, Francisco Olivares and Arpita Pal Agrawal were appointed to serve on the Supervisory Board. Gaëlle Bonnieux, Myrtille Danse and Cheryl Jackson were reappointed for their second term. Members thanked outgoing Supervisory Board member Tsitsi Choruma for her valuable contributions to Oikocredit.
The meeting was conducted in good spirits with members and other participants embodying what Oikocredit stands for: to invest responsibly and support organisations in improving the quality of life of low-income people and communities in a sustainable way.
Archivo > 2022 > junio
- 29 junio 2022 - Oikocredit supports new coffee platform for impact lenders
- 17 junio 2022 - Oikocredit teams up with DFC, Norfund and responsAbility on a financing vehicle investment to ‘impact millions'
- 15 junio 2022 - Oikocredit holds 46th annual general meeting
- 14 junio 2022 - New Aqua for All and Oikocredit partnership to invest in community water and sanitation
- 02 junio 2022 - Cultivating cotton for communities