IDH Farmfit Fund and Oikocredit co-investment in Aldea Global to support Nicaraguan coffee smallholders
IDH Farmfit Fund and Oikocredit are providing a syndicated US$ 3.2 million loan to Asociación Aldea Global Jinotega, a Nicaraguan small farmers’ association that produces and exports speciality fair trade and organic coffee from its members to Asia, Europe and the US.
Aldea Global will use the joint eight-year loan to construct and equip its new dry coffee mill with cutting edge technology, resulting in better coffee quality and productivity and an increase in incomes for 6,200 of Aldea’s farmers.
Jose Augusto Cordón, Oikocredit's Senior Investment Officer, said: "We are very glad to strengthen our support for Aldea Global, an Oikocredit partner since 2007, with this new long-term investment. The benefits for the smallholders are clear, with improvements in efficiency and quality translated into better incomes and higher environmental standards. In addition, our first collaboration in Latin America with IDH Farmfit Fund has been an excellent experience, and we hope to continue strengthening our cooperation with them."
Archive > 2021 > novembre
- 30 novembre 2021 - IDH Farmfit Fund and Oikocredit co-investment in Aldea Global to support Nicaraguan coffee smallholders
- 17 novembre 2021 - Symbiotics and Oikocredit invest in ETG to support West Africa cocoa and cashew value chains
- 16 novembre 2021 - Q3 2021 quarterly report: Cautious optimism
- 16 novembre 2021 - Mirjam ‘t Lam appointed Oikocredit’s Managing Director
- 15 novembre 2021 - Oikocredit partners Crecer and Fonkoze shortlisted for European Microfinance Award 2021 for Inclusive Finance and Healthcare
- 05 novembre 2021 - Oikocredit holds general meeting in December
- 04 novembre 2021 - Capacity building for agriculture [interview]
- 03 novembre 2021 - Oikocredit expands its financial inclusion portfolio with the latest investment in Senegal
- 01 novembre 2021 - Oikocredit and Opportunity International announce impact investment of USD 100 million to advance education in low-income countries