Oikocredit, Goodwell Investments and Global Partnerships invest in Good Nature Agro to support southern African smallholder farmers
Investors commit a combined total of US$ 8.5 million to expand Good Nature Agro’s social impact.
Social impact investing cooperative Oikocredit has joined with co-investors Goodwell Investments and Global Partnerships/Eleos Social Venture Fund to provide US$ 8.5 million in equity to Zambian social enterprise Good Nature Agro.
Good Nature Agro currently supports 30,000 southern African smallholder farmers in growing drought-resistant, early-maturing legume seed varieties, including beans, cowpeas, soyabeans and groundnuts. Its agritech-based business model encompasses access to inputs, input finance, smart and reduced fertiliser use, climate-smart training, and a guaranteed market for high-value produce. It gives farmers a wealth of support to professionalise their businesses, establish a clear path out of poverty and increase their resilience.
With this new investor capital, Good Nature Agro will continue to expand its ambitions and reach, grow farmers’ productivity and incomes, and improve their access to finance. The company has recently opened a new factory in Lusaka and aims to increase its client base to 50,000 smallholders by 2027.
- 28 noviembre 2023 - Q3 2023 quarterly report: Creating more impact despite headwinds
- 22 noviembre 2023 - Oikocredit invests € 7.5 million in Vista Bank Burkina to support SMEs and educational finance in Africa
- 20 noviembre 2023 - Oikocredit Live: How Inclusive Finance Works
- 16 noviembre 2023 - Oikocredit and Aqua for All partnerships to boost community water and sanitation provision in East Africa
- 08 noviembre 2023 - Oikocredit, Goodwell Investments and Global Partnerships invest in Good Nature Agro to support southern African smallholder farmers
- 06 noviembre 2023 - Oikocredit invests US$ 2 million in RDG Collective to support solar energy growth in Africa