Oikocredit joins FIRST+ programme to help generate work opportunities for 60,000 Ghanaians
Oikocredit is teaming up with CapitalPlus Exchange (CapPlus) and the Mastercard Foundation on their Financial Institution Resilience and Strengthening (FIRST+) programme to strengthen financial institutions and create work opportunities in Ghana.
The programme, which is a collaboration with the Bank of Ghana and the Ghana Microfinance Institution Network (GHAMFIN), will enable lending to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and create work opportunities for 60,000 young women and men. Oikocredit’s contribution of US$ 20 million aims to benefit youth and women in the agricultural value chain.
“We are excited to bring Oikocredit’s full suite of capital facilities to financial sector partners in the FIRST+ program. This partnership enables us to support Ghanaian youth and women while building assets and strengthening women-led businesses. With this program, we are advancing our social impact mission to support Ghana’s agricultural sector, strengthening financial institutions’ operations to provide better digital services and tailored financial products, and increasing access to capital,” said Hans Perk, Oikocredit’s Regional Africa Director.
- 17 diciembre 2021 - The season of joy and Mercy’s story
- 15 diciembre 2021 - Oikocredit joins FIRST+ programme to help generate work opportunities for 60,000 Ghanaians
- 07 diciembre 2021 - Oikocredit held General Meeting to discuss strategy and capital-raising model
- 07 diciembre 2021 - Oikocredit invests € 2 million to support growth of solar energy in Africa
- 06 diciembre 2021 - Introducing Oikocredit’s new community-focused approach: learning from partners
- 01 diciembre 2021 - Call for Supervisory Board applications