Selecting the right partners is the most important element in achieving our development goals. Oikocredit uses strict financial and social criteria to analyse the suitability of potential partners.
Oikocredit prioritizes partners that:
- create jobs and income for disadvantaged people
- are cooperatives, financial institutions or small to medium enterprises
- have women in management positions
- are environmentally sustainable and respect animal welfare
- have a suitable management structure
- are (or can soon become) financially sustainable
- demonstrate a clear need for foreign investment
Oikocredit will never finance partners that are involved in activities including child labour, arms productions, explosives or other dangerous materials.
End client protection
If we determine that a potential partner charges excessive interest rates, pays excessive salaries or dividends or does not see its clients as a priority, we will reject the loan application.