Oikocredit’s latest deal in the Philippines
Ahon Sa Hirap Inc. (ASHI) is a microfinance institution in the Philippines, providing microloans as well as other services to women. ASHI’s mission is to empower economically disadvantaged women in rural areas through business development loans and training.
Serving the underserved
ASHI has been an Oikocredit partner since 2011, originally receiving a loan from Oikocredit to further expand its operations in underserved areas. As the Philippines has recently experienced a number of natural disasters, ASHI’s need to support rural women and enterprises has increased. Oikocredit has therefore provided ASHI with a PHP 60 million loan to expand its funding to agricultural areas, particularly in the eastern side of the country which has a high rate of poverty. In the third quarter of 2014, the final tranche of the PHP 60 million loan was disbursed.
- 28 October | 2014 - Oikocredit regional offices hold multi-stakeholder events
- 22 October | 2014 - Micro to medium loans in Mexico
- 22 October | 2014 - Oikocredit’s latest deal in the Philippines
- 21 October | 2014 - Nigeria and Senegal declared Ebola free
- 09 October | 2014 - Mariam Dao tours Belgium and Germany