Mariam Dao tours Belgium and Germany
Oikocredit representative for West Africa, Mariam Dao, has begun her tour of eight cities in Belgium and Germany. During her tour, Ms Dao will showcase Oikocredit's work in her region, in particular its work with agriculture, inclusive finance and women.
In the years Ms Dao has been working for Oikocredit, she's developed the region’s microfinance and social enterprise portfolio, which includes grass roots organizations with women engaged in food security. Prior to joining Oikocredit, Ms Dao, an Ivory Coast national, worked as an international consultant with the African Development Bank, the ILO and the World Bank.
Ms Dao first presenting in Gent to Oikocredit's Belgian investor base said, “It is important to promote the financial inclusion of women in my region and develop women leadership at all levels of society. ” She then travelled to Germany to present first in Regensburg, then across the country in Munich, Magdeburg, Lüneburg, Braunschweig and Kassel before finishing in Stuttgart. During her tour, Ms Dao will speak specifically about the situation for women in West Africa, including the lack of financing for women, as well as the work of Oikocredit’s partner in Côte d’Ivoire, Cocovico.
- 28 October | 2014 - Oikocredit regional offices hold multi-stakeholder events
- 22 October | 2014 - Micro to medium loans in Mexico
- 22 October | 2014 - Oikocredit’s latest deal in the Philippines
- 21 October | 2014 - Nigeria and Senegal declared Ebola free
- 09 October | 2014 - Mariam Dao tours Belgium and Germany