Oikocredit's latest deal in Colombia
Red Ecolsierra is a small to medium sized organization of organic and Fairtrade coffee and honey growers located in the department of Magdalena, in the northern Caribbean coast of Colombia. The organization began in 1997 with 71 small producers and has since grown to include 318 members, majority of which remain smallholder farmers.
Promoting ecological farming
Red Ecolsierra’s mission is to promote ecological farming of coffee and its export, preserve the environment and improve the quality of life of farmers and their families. The organization has been a partner of Oikocredit since 2010, receiving a loan of COP 640 million (€ 243,000) to purchase a warehouse at Santa Marta, Colombia.
- 31 March | 2014 - Annual report for 2013 online
- 26 March | 2014 - Adding value to microfinance
- 19 March | 2014 - Oikocredit delivers solid financial results
- 17 March | 2014 - Oikocredit's latest deal in Colombia
- 12 March | 2014 - Reaching rural areas in Africa
- 05 March | 2014 - Caring for coffee in Latin America