Oikocredit releases social results for 2015
Oikocredit today released its social performance results for 2015 via a press conference in Amsterdam. Oikocredit social performance director and interim managing director, Ging Ledesma, presented the figures to the media, which included the cooperative’s growth in low-income countries up by 22%.
Through Oikocredit’s microfinance partners, 46 million people were reached in 2015. Of those 46 million microfinance clients, 86% were women, 51% were living in rural areas and 28% were active in agriculture.
Oikocredit also supported 91 fair trade organizations in 2015 with investments totalling € 52 million — a 24% increase in Oikocredit’s fair trade portfolio compared to the previous year. In 2015, Oikocredit carried out 140 capacity building engagements, totalling € 1.7 million.
- 30 June | 2016 - Oikocredit invests US$ 4.4M in Costa Rican wind projects
- 28 June | 2016 - Oikocredit presents Coffee Excellence Awards
- 21 June | 2016 - Oikocredit invests $8M in Mongolian bank, XacBank
- 17 June | 2016 - Oikocredit releases social results for 2015
- 15 June | 2016 - Annual general meeting elects new board members, approves dividend
- 01 June | 2016 - “Oikocredit has far more influence and impact on people than I realised”
- 01 June | 2016 - Oikocredit managing director David Woods steps down