Oikocredit managing director David Woods steps down
David Woods has announced that he is stepping down from his position as Oikocredit International’s (OI) managing director to pursue his long-term personal goal of emigrating to New Zealand.
David will continue working for Oikocredit until the end of August to ensure a smooth handover of his responsibilities to Oikocredit’s management team.
“The supervisory board respects Davids’ decision and is grateful for his contribution to Oikocredit,” said Jacinta Hamann de Vivero, chairwoman of Oikocredit’s supervisory board. “David has been instrumental in helping Oikocredit prepare for emerging challenges in the growing social investment market.”
“The impact that Oikocredit has on people’s lives has made the last 3.5 years very rewarding for me,” said David. “It’s always been my plan long-term to live in New Zealand and the timing happened to be right for me this year. I certainly hope to see Oikocredit continue to build on its strengths and succeed.”
David joined Oikocredit in November 2012. Under David’s management, Oikocredit has seen its development finance portfolio grow by 70%, from € 530 million at the end of 2012 to € 900 million at the close of 2015.
The supervisory board has appointed Ging Ledesma, Investor relations and social performance director, as interim managing director, effective 1 June 2016. Ging has developed a broad understanding of Oikocredit’s business and its stakeholders through her 17 years with Oikocredit. The expectation is for the interim managing director to be in place until a permanent replacement has been found.
To learn more about David’s decision to step down, his time at Oikocredit and his plans for the future, click here to read an interview with him.
- 30 June | 2016 - Oikocredit invests US$ 4.4M in Costa Rican wind projects
- 28 June | 2016 - Oikocredit presents Coffee Excellence Awards
- 21 June | 2016 - Oikocredit invests $8M in Mongolian bank, XacBank
- 17 June | 2016 - Oikocredit releases social results for 2015
- 15 June | 2016 - Annual general meeting elects new board members, approves dividend
- 01 June | 2016 - “Oikocredit has far more influence and impact on people than I realised”
- 01 June | 2016 - Oikocredit managing director David Woods steps down