Oikocredit invests in Fundación Génesis Empresarial, Guatemala's leading microfinance institution
Stable and successful Central American microfinance institution helps low-income rural clients and their families improve lives with microfinance services and training.
The latest Oikocredit’s investment in Guatemala will support Fundación Génesis Empresarial's work with more than 216,000 clients across the country, over 40% of whom live below the poverty line. The majority of their clients are women (76%) and live in rural areas (70%). In a country where many people experience economic crises and environmental disasters, Génesis Empresarial has a strong track record of lending for micro and small enterprises and household needs. The MFI also provides business development and financial literacy training, female empowerment training and health education.
Alexandra van den Brule, Oikocredit Investment Officer for Central America and the Caribbean, said: "We are delighted to be renewing our partnership with Fundación Génesis Empresarial, one of the largest MFIs across Central America and one that makes an important contribution to Guatemala's development while creating higher social impact in communities we serve."
- 27 octubre 2021 - Oikocredit investment in Valency Agro Nigeria Ltd will create jobs and improve farmers’ livelihoods
- 21 octubre 2021 - Stories from Brazil [part 2]: Crediluz
- 21 octubre 2021 - Stories from Brazil [part 1]: Sulcredi
- 20 octubre 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Fundación Génesis Empresarial, Guatemala's leading microfinance institution
- 13 octubre 2021 - Gladys’ story: financing for families and flavour
- 08 octubre 2021 - Oikocredit signs new loan guarantee agreement with AGF
- 01 octubre 2021 - Celebrate International Coffee Day with a cup of sustainable coffee!
- 01 octubre 2021 - Changes to the Supervisory Board