Oikocredit invests in Banco Caribe to promote sustainable development of SMEs in Dominican Republic
Dennis Simó Alvarez (Banco Caribe’s Executive Chairman) and Karina Vasquez (Oikocredit’s country representative)
Oikocredit’s investment of RD$150 million (USD 2.64 million) in Banco Caribe is the first international private subordinate loan that the Dominican Republic-based bank has obtained.
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and the low-income communities they support, have been hit hard by Covid-19, and Banco Caribe plans on using Oikocredit’s loan to make a positive impact in this sector.
Oikocredit will also provide technical social performance management support to help Banco Caribe achieve their social goals.
Banco Caribe’s Executive Chairman, Dennis Simó Alvarez, said: “Thanks to this agreement, our entity will have access to Oikocredit's worldwide network of contacts and its extended technical team, enabling us to leverage opportunities to attract new businesses, create jobs, better manage our SME portfolio, and motivate best practices that contribute to the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).”
Archivo > 2021 > abril
- 15 abril 2021 - Resilience, solidarity, loyalty: Oikocredit publishes its Annual Report 2020
- 12 abril 2021 - Maanaveeya awarded silver medal for ‘Investing in People’
- 08 abril 2021 - Fintech Avanti Finance raises US$ 26 million in Series A funding round led by Oikocredit and others
- 08 abril 2021 - Managing Board Change at Oikocredit
- 06 abril 2021 - Interview: Swift action safeguarded results
- 01 abril 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Banco Caribe to promote sustainable development of SMEs in Dominican Republic