Oikocredit and the novel coronavirus (Covid-19)
Thos Gieskes, Director Ejecutivo, Oikocredit
As the coronavirus pandemic develops, there is increasing uncertainty about its consequences. We’re seeing lives and livelihoods affected across the world, in both economically rich and poor countries.
Oikocredit is closely monitoring the situation as it evolves. We’re adhering to the public health guidelines issued by the authorities in the countries where we work, keeping the health and safety of our staff a top priority. We have contingency plans in place to deal with major operational events, should they occur.
We continue to assess the potential effects on Oikocredit’s business activities. We will also continue to monitor the situation with partners and assist them where possible. We’re keeping members and investors informed via our regular communications channels.
Thos Gieskes, Managing Director of Oikocredit, says: “As has been the case over Oikocredit’s 45-year history, our outlook and the support we offer our partners is long-term, and social impact and financial sustainability remains our priority. With our long track record in emerging markets and our local presence we’re confident we’ll be able to continue our work in these uncertain times.”
- 26 marzo 2020 - Message from the Managing Director: “Working together through uncertain times”
- 19 marzo 2020 - Oikocredit announces 2019 results and partner satisfaction [press release]
- 13 marzo 2020 - Oikocredit and the novel coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 12 marzo 2020 - € 1 million investment in ACE clean cooking
- 10 marzo 2020 - No development without risk [interview]