Mirjam ‘t Lam appointed as Managing Director of Oikocredit
Amersfoort, the Netherlands. Social impact investor Oikocredit has appointed Mirjam ‘t Lam as its new Managing Director, effective 1 December 2021.
Mirjam joined Oikocredit in November 2020 as Director of Finance & Risk. In addition to this role, Mirjam has served as Oikocredit’s Interim Managing Director since August 2021.
Mirjam has 20 years of experience in financial services. She joined Oikocredit from African investment company Arise, where she served as Chief Financial Risk Officer (CFRO) and played a leading role in the creation of the organisation.
Other previous positions include CFRO for Rabo Development and Executive Director at several member banks of the Rabobank Group. Mirjam was also part of Rabobank’s Food & Agri strategy team and has international experience, working in both mature and emerging markets.
As Managing Director of Oikocredit, Mirjam will provide strategic guidance and will work with the Managing Board to lead the cooperative’s operations in support of Oikocredit’s mission to improve quality of life for low-income people through responsible investments.
Mirjam said: “I’m pleased and proud to have been appointed Managing Director of Oikocredit. I'm also grateful to the Oikocredit stakeholder bodies that encouraged me to apply for the position. With its continued focus on sustainable improvements in the lives of low-income people, Oikocredit’s mission is as important as ever. I look forward to further contributing to the remarkable work Oikocredit has been doing for the past 46 years.”
Cheryl Jackson, Chair of Oikocredit’s Supervisory Board, said: “Mirjam was an outstanding candidate for the role of Oikocredit’s Managing Director because of her financial leadership and substantial track record in development financing. She also stood out because of her passion for the invaluable work our cooperative does. We very much look forward to continuing to work with Mirjam in her new role.”
Social impact investor and worldwide cooperative Oikocredit has 46 years’ experience funding organisations active in financial inclusion, agriculture and renewable energy. Oikocredit’s loans, equity investments and capacity building aim to enable people on low incomes in Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean to improve their living standards sustainably. For more information: www.oikocredit.coop.
Note for editors:
For more information, please contact Ulrike Haug, Communications Manager, Oikocredit International: telephone: +31 6 25 65 53 75 or email: email@example.com
- 30 November 2021 - Nicaraguan coffee smallholders to benefit from IDH Farmfit Fund and Oikocredit co-investment in Aldea Global
- 17 November 2021 - Symbiotics and Oikocredit invest US$ 30.8 million in ETG to support West Africa cocoa and cashew value chains
- 16 November 2021 - Mirjam ‘t Lam appointed as Managing Director of Oikocredit
- 03 November 2021 - Oikocredit strengthens its financial inclusion portfolio with an investment in Union des Caisses de Credit Mutuel du Sénégal
- 01 November 2021 - Opportunity International and Oikocredit announce US $100 million impact investment agreement to advance the education sector in low-income countries