Oikocredit invests in Fundación Génesis Empresarial, Guatemala's leading microfinance institution
Stable and successful Central American microfinance institution helps low-income rural clients and their families improve lives with microfinance services and training.
The latest Oikocredit’s investment in Guatemala will support Fundación Génesis Empresarial's work with more than 216,000 clients across the country, over 40% of whom live below the poverty line. The majority of their clients are women (76%) and live in rural areas (70%). In a country where many people experience economic crises and environmental disasters, Génesis Empresarial has a strong track record of lending for micro and small enterprises and household needs. The MFI also provides business development and financial literacy training, female empowerment training and health education.
Alexandra van den Brule, Oikocredit Investment Officer for Central America and the Caribbean, said: "We are delighted to be renewing our partnership with Fundación Génesis Empresarial, one of the largest MFIs across Central America and one that makes an important contribution to Guatemala's development while creating higher social impact in communities we serve."
- 27 October | 2021 11:00 - Oikocredit investment in Valency Agro Nigeria Ltd will create jobs and improve farmers’ livelihoods
- 21 October | 2021 13:53 - Stories from Brazil [part 2]: Crediluz
- 21 October | 2021 13:27 - Stories from Brazil [part 1]: Sulcredi
- 20 October | 2021 11:00 - Oikocredit invests in Fundación Génesis Empresarial, Guatemala's leading microfinance institution
- 13 October | 2021 12:09 - Gladys’ story: financing for families and flavour
- 08 October | 2021 13:00 - Oikocredit signs new loan guarantee agreement with AGF
- 01 October | 2021 09:50 - Celebrate International Coffee Day with a cup of sustainable coffee!
- 01 October | 2021 08:01 - Changes to the Supervisory Board