Changes to the Supervisory Board
Joseph Patterson has submitted his resignation as Chair of Oikocredit’s Supervisory Board effective 1 October 2021.
The Supervisory Board has agreed that its Vice-Chair, Cheryl Jackson, will serve as Chair effective 1 October. Supervisory Board member Maya Mungra will replace Cheryl as Vice-Chair, also effective 1 October.
To ensure the effective handover of his duties and at the request of the other Supervisory Board members, Joseph will continue to serve on the Supervisory Board until 30 November.
Joseph submitted his resignation to the Supervisory Board following his participation in a public protest march in Kingston, Jamaica. The authorities felt that the march was in breach of Jamaican law, which led to his one-day arrest.
In light of this event, Joseph felt it would become increasingly difficult to combine his public profile in Jamaica with the role of Supervisory Board member and in particular with the role of Chair of the Supervisory Board.
- 27 October 2021 - Oikocredit investment in Valency Agro Nigeria Ltd will create jobs and improve farmers’ livelihoods
- 21 October 2021 - Stories from Brazil [part 2]: Crediluz
- 21 October 2021 - Stories from Brazil [part 1]: Sulcredi
- 20 October 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Fundación Génesis Empresarial, Guatemala's leading microfinance institution
- 13 October 2021 - Gladys’ story: financing for families and flavour
- 08 October 2021 - Oikocredit signs new loan guarantee agreement with AGF
- 01 October 2021 - Celebrate International Coffee Day with a cup of sustainable coffee!
- 01 October 2021 - Changes to the Supervisory Board