Oikocredit invests in Fin’Elle to support women entrepreneurs in Côte d'Ivoire
Oikocredit’s loan to Fin’Elle will help provide microfinance and mesofinance loans to 10,000 households in Côte d'Ivoire.
Oikocredit has provided a loan of € 2.3 million to Fin'Elle, a member of the Cofina Group. Fin'Elle is a microfinance institution (MFI) focused on empowering women entrepreneurs by providing microfinance and mesofinance loans to women-owned small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in Côte d’Ivoire.
In addition to the loan, Oikocredit plans on further supporting Fin’Elle with technical assistance to help them improve women's financial literacy and increase financial inclusion in Côte d'Ivoire.
Cedrick Montetcho, Regional Investment Officer at Oikocredit, stated: "We are proud to be the first international lender in financing Fin'Elle. We are looking forward to providing Fin’Elle with capacity building support and technical assistance to help them achieve a higher social impact amongst women entrepreneurs."
- 28 June 2021 - Oikocredit is ready for the future [interview]
- 24 June 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Fin’Elle to support women entrepreneurs in Côte d'Ivoire
- 23 June 2021 - Looking for our new Managing Director
- 16 June 2021 - Specialty coffee making an impact
- 14 June 2021 - Oikocredit holds 45th annual general meeting
- 10 June 2021 - Oikocredit invests in Grace and Mercy to expand lending to women in rural communities across Nigeria
- 03 June 2021 - Oikocredit invests in FCMB Limited to support low-income communities in Nigeria