Oikocredit invests in FinTech Sempli to support sustainable growth of SMEs in Colombia
Together with the Inter-American Development Bank (BID LAB), Oikocredit has closed an investment of USD 5.7 million in the Colombian FinTech Sempli.
Sempli offers working capital loans to small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in Colombia. Sempli’s unique blend of human and technological approaches in its lending process mean the company can disburse loans in 72 hours, a service that is highly valued by Sempli’s SME clients.
Esteban Velasco, cofounder of Sempli commented: “We have learned from our clients that responsible debt is crucial to enabling them to grow their operations consistently. Partnering with Oikocredit and BID LAB gives us confidence to enhance our value proposition, and we are currently building the foundation to become the most relevant digital financial institution in Colombia in the SME segment.”
- 31 October 2018 - Oikocredit invests in FinTech Sempli to support sustainable growth of SMEs in Colombia
- 23 October 2018 - Oikocredit invests in Kenyan fertiliser plant to raise farmers’ yields and incomes
- 17 October 2018 - Financial results for social impact [interview]
- 10 October 2018 - Making a difference in Mexico: the value of investing in SMEs
- 02 October 2018 - Fintech and social impact investing in India [interview]
- 01 October 2018 - Oikocredit’s equity investment supports India’s agriculture value chain