Oikocredit is a cooperative society with member organisations all over the world. As well as helping to achieve Oikocredit’s mission, staff and volunteers of Oikocredit's member organisations also enjoy extra benefits:
Membership of the cooperative
- Your voice counts: Influence Oikocredit’s future by voting at annual general meetings. These meetings are the highest decision-making body of Oikocredit and, among other things, elect the Supervisory Board members. You can also participate actively in the cooperative by taking a seat on members’ representative bodies such as the members’ council
- Get to know our partners: Learn more about Oikocredit’s partners and how their work supports low-income people by attending events, partner visits and study tours
- Learn about our business: Attend webinars or masterclasses at Oikocredit's central office in the Netherlands to learn more about specific areas of Oikocredit’s work
- Share your knowledge: Apply your expertise by taking board seats and consultancy assignments at Oikocredit partner organisations
Who are our members?
Membership is open to the following types of organisations:
- Churches and church-related organisations
- Support associations, which are independent organisations that operate under the Oikocredit brand to support our work. Most support associations accept investments from individuals, which are then invested in Oikocredit
- Our partners who have met their loan obligations for at least five years can be invited to become a member of Oikocredit
- Other organisations that are aligned with our mission and meet specific conditions can be invited to become a member by Oikocredit’s Supervisory Board
You can read about our current members in our members list.